Date: Thursday 6 May 2021
Time: 5pm - 6pm
Target Audience: Autistic individuals and families from Scotland (all ages and abilities welcome)
Share music with others in a fun, no pressure environment. People listen to music for many different reasons, it can help you connect to your emotions as well as other people. Music is the one universal thing that connects us all around the world. We hope this group will help you feel less isolated, enhance your well being and develop your confidence.
We will learn a range of songs over the sessions. The songs will be chosen by you and you will be able to submit your favourite song or a song that means something to you when you register for the event.*
Here are some of the benefits you might experience from joining the group:
• Reduce stress
• Connect with emotions
• Improve memory
• Improve motivation
• Meet new people/build friendships
• Improve breathing
• Have fun
The group format will be as follows, although this may change slightly from week to week:
• Introductions/quick catch-up
• Warm up vocal cords
• Introduce song
• Keep discussions civil
• Do not be afraid to ask questions
• Respect your own and others' viewpoints
• Join in as many sessions as you like, the more the better!
• The sessions will run via Zoom, you will need a computer or device with good Wi-Fi
• Cameras and microphones are preferred but not compulsory
*Claire will choose the songs for the first session, thereafter songs requested by the group will be chosen at random. Please note that we may not be able to cover all songs that have been requested.