Dates: Thursdays, 29 July - 30 September (not 16 September)
Time: 1pm – 2.30pm
Target Audience: Autistic individuals and families from Scotland (18+)
This is a guided support and discussion group that uses guided mindfulness meditation and group conversation as a basis for stress recovery and improving relaxation and wellbeing. Using a set of easy-to-learn practices, we will create our own safe space and a community where participants are welcome to share and listen to each other’s thinking, stories and experiences.
• Themed sessions on various topics like challenges, gratitude and inspiration.
• Share your own and hear about other people’s experiences.
• No previous experience in groups necessary and no obligations to join in.
• Respond rather than react to stress.
• Cultivate self-awareness and empowerment.
• Explore your identity in relation with autism.
• Speak with honesty.
• Slow the pace.
• Listen carefully to yourself and each other.
• Respect your own and others' viewpoints.
• Instead of competing or challenging, build on what was said.
• Confidential group - please do not reveal the identities of the other participants.
• Join in as many sessions as you like, the more the better!
• The sessions will run via Zoom, you will need a computer or device with good Wi-Fi.
• Cameras and microphones are preferred.
• Email support with facilitator during the series.
• Based on the Autism Dialogue Approach™.
Jonny Drury is an experienced group facilitator, meditator and coach-mentor. He encourages mindfulness meditation as part of a whole system of self-care and personal and professional development.